Monday, April 13, 2009

Island Living Memories

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer

I was shopping for a client last week, when I came across some memories... Sometime ago in the 1960's, my grandmother had a home on Harbour Island, in the Bahamas...known for its pink sandy beaches. The island is small less than 2 square miles. As a child I couldn't understand how there could be ocean in front of me and ocean behind me. The "island" concept evaded me at the age of 5, but has since grown to a life long love affair. Harbor Island is home to India Hicks author of Island Beauty.When I saw this bar cart made of bamboo, I thought of my grandmother making cocktails at sunset, and the beauty of Harbour Island. This wonderful cart brought back memories of deep fried conch while enjoying warm subtle breezes and the gentle sounds of the ocean.

0 comments: