Saturday, April 18, 2009

Island Design on a Dime

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer


Island inspired design evokes glorious organic comfort infused luxury. It looks clean, elegant and expensive. It looks expensive but it doesn’t have to be. The truth is you can create an island oasis anywhere and on any budget.
When I was 20 years old, studying Interior Design at UCLA in the Design Program, I was living in a studio apt. in an old Spanish building in Beverly Hills. I purchased a daybed from the set of Dynasty- can you believe it?? It was from this company, Budji. It was a four poster twin bamboo bed that served as a large exotic sofa during the day, and at night my bed. It was draped in mosquito netting that I purchased for 79 cents a yard.. I had begun my own little island lifestyle in Beverly Hills for mere pennies!!!
It’s not everyday that you can get a genuine Budji piece for next to nothing, but it’s worth it to look at their website for inspiration no matter what your budget is.

0 comments: