Friday, January 23, 2009

Framed Sea Fans

by Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer


Even in economically challenging times, it’s possible to create great design elements that add to the enjoyment of your home without spending a fortune. I love these colorful framed sea fans. I know you probably see these around town in various shops all the time, often with a hefty price tag. Rather than exhaust my budget, I make them myself for clients. It is a fairly easy project that you can do at home.

Sea Fans can be purchased at craft stores and on line very inespensively. They are unique and whimsical and look great in even the simplist of frames.


They're also extremely versatile. You can paint them different colors or leave them natural. Sometimes I mount them on linen, or simply sandwich them between two sheets of glass.You can color them bright colors to provide accent, I recently painted one orange for a little girl’s room and put a really neat frame on it.


This is a simple inexpensive project. It creates a lovely piece of art that adds depth to any room’s décor. I call it cheap and cheerful decorating!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Erin -

I recently bought a couple of sea fans to use as decor in my new beach house. However, I am having a terrible time finding double glass frames! Any idea where I could find them? Thanks!

Melissa

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa,

I do not know about the double glass frames but I purchased 2 white square IKEA frames (20"x20") for next to nothing. They are box frames and are about an inch deep. Putting some beautiful handmade Japanese solid color paper in the background and mounting the sea fan on top et voila! My beach house will look wonderful too!

Tanja