Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tales of Tatoosh

By Erin Ferucci
Celebrity Lifestyle Designer

I really value my client's privacy, so I never talk about my jobs. However, since Tatoosh has a new owner and the owner is an aquaintance it's okay to tell a little story about my adventures on Tatoosh. But don't ask me to tell any of the naughty stories! My final trip to Tatoosh is one of my fondest memories. The design work was essentially done; all that was left was to add some essential accessories. A helicopter picked me up on the heliopad at the port in Antibes. My Louis Vuittan luggage and I were whisked away like royalty to our destination in the middle of the Mediterranean where we landed on the roof of Tatoosh! There is nothing like landing a helicopter on huge yacht in the middle of the ocean. After years of hard work it was ten minutes of sheer heaven. We landed and I stepped out of the helicopter, the wind was blowing, I was in this glorious setting and I was struck by the fact that I was staring in my own little Prada ad. You know what I mean, glamour, excitement and gorgeous luxury everywhere. The memory still makes me smile. The immaculate crew of beautiful British tanned young men and women whisked my luggage away and my Prada ad fantasy was over. Within minutes I was hard at work doing what I do best creating tasteful interiors.
This is me with my assistant at the time, aboard Tatoosh. Fast forwad several years, I was vacationing in the South of France on a much smaller boat when Tatoosh passed by, I was asleep but my friends woke me up to see her pass. I was so excited to see her. It was great to see the guests on board enjoying all of the sweat and tears that went into making Tatoosh what she is today.Glorious Tatoosh...I miss her.

0 comments: